#1 NATIONAL BESTSELLERFirst he rewrote the record book. Now, to mark the NHL's ninety-ninth anniversary, Wayne Gretzky has written the story of our game. In 99: Stories of the Game, Gretzky looks back on the last ninety-nine years and tells us, from his point of view, about the NHL’s most memorabl...
Mark your calendars for Friday, November 30, 2018 - this year's Starlight Shopping & Big Truck Parade!
5:00pm - THE BIG TRUCK PARADE will start rolling from Rockland Road!!
Sponsored by 97.3 the Eagle.
Additional sponsors include: the Campbell River Mirror, RBC, CIBC, Scotiabank, the Bank of Montreal, MacIsaac & Company, Kicking Horse Coffee, Shoppers Drug Mart, Foggdukkers Coffee the City of Campbell River and Lay's.
This fabulous parade, the 2nd largest on Vancouver Island, will feature cement trucks (how do they get the lit drum to turn!?), logging trucks complete with huge logs, tow trucks, dump trucks, tractors, snow plows, trucks towing boats, trailers and low beds plus fire trucks including ones with Santa, Mrs. Claus and the Elf aboard. Spyk & Son Projects, all the way from Powell River will be joining us again with a spectacular display of 50,000.00 lights! Lots of new businesses have signed up this year. The parade has become a Campbell River Tradition.
WITH THE PARADE TRAVELLING ON HWY. 19A, A DETOUR WILL BE SET UP AT 2ND AVE. AND MANNED BY THE RCMP TO ENCOURAGE MOTORISTS TO SELECT EITHER ALDER ST. OR DOGWOOD ST. THE DETOUR WILL HELP ALLEVIATE CONGESTION BY ROCKLAND ROAD AND MAKE FOR A SAFER PARADE ROUTE.
TRAFFIC COMING ACROSS ON THE 5:15 AND 6:15 FERRIES WILL BE DIRECTED TO MAKE A RIGHT TURN ONLY WHEN EXITING THE FERRY.
AS AN ADDED SAFETY FEATURE VOLUNTEERS WILL HELP LOOK AFTER THE CORNER OF 11TH AVE. AND SHOPPERS ROW. ROTARIANS AND THE RCMP DO AN EXEMPLARY JOB OF KEEPING EVERYBODY SAFE.
* ReMax Check Realty at the corner of St. Ann's and Hwy. 19A will be giving out cookies and hot cider to people waiting for the big trucks to roll by!
*Free Glow Sticks will be handed out to the first 400 children at Spirit Square
* The Fire Pit at Spirit Square, always a welcome additon, will keep families warm and toasty
* Easy Street featuring Annie Handley & Dave Davendish will perform on Spirit Square Stage
* Working her magic at Spirit Square will be the one and only... Shoo Shoo the Clown
* Illuminated Angels- dressed as angels and wrapped in lights, this mom and daughter duo on stilts, will enthrall the crowds. Sponsored by Royal LePage Advance Realty and Berwik by the Sea
* Town Crier, Captain Thunderpants, will hand out event schedules and make sure Santa, the Mrs. and the Elf make their way to Spirit Square Stage for the Light Up.
* Dragonfly Hobby Farm with their feathered, furry friends will set up in front of Wise & Wonderful Toys & Games. Perfect spot to entertain the kiddies!
* Annie Handley and Dave Davendish will be entertaining everyone on Spirit Square Stage until 7:15.
* the Art Gallery Artisan Market will be open until 7:00.
* Form.Wellness+Studio(next to La Tee Da Lingerie) will be giving out baked treats, hot cocoa, tea and coffee plus a draw for gift baskets PLUS free 15 minute kid and family friendly yoga sessions before and after the Parade!
* Santa, Mrs. Claus and Elves will arrive!
* Free candy canes will be given out by Mrs. Claus to the first 400 children.
* Mayor Andy Adams and 97.3 the Eagle's Steve Rossner will deliver a warm welcome to all and help the winner of 97.3 the Eagle "Ride With Santa" contest, light the Christmas Tree with the "magic" lever.
* Ten big trucks will be on display at Tyee Plaza. Be sure to go over and say hello and thank you to these amazing truck drivers.
* Pacifica Ukes, A Unique Ukele Ensemble and always a crowd favorite, will play in Tyee Plaza